Your Chesapeake Movers
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® of Norfolk proudly serves the greater Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton Roads, and surrounding areas with quality professional moving services. We provide a wide range of services to meet your moving needs for home and business, including local and long-distance moving, full and partial packing services, unloading, and internal moves and offer free in-home consultations for your convenience. We also stock a variety of moving boxes and packing supplies available for purchase at our office or delivery upon request.
We take great pride in upholding our company's Core Values as the "Movers Who Care®" to exceed customer expectations with every move we do. We are fully licensed, insured, and adhere to all DOT regulations. All our employees are drug tested, background checked and extensively trained.
STRESS-FREE MOVING SERVICES
You wouldn't trust just anyone for your move. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Norfolk is part of the nation's largest franchised moving company, so rest assured the quality, reliability, and customer service we provide is held to a national standard of excellence. Take the stress out of moving and put your trust in hiring the local professionals for your next move with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®!
We know that moving is stressful for everyone, but this can often be an overwhelming and emotional process when it comes to moving seniors. At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® of Chesapeake, we've established lasting relationships with several local independent living communities in the area. We are familiar with the procedures and policies in order to ensure the move of a senior has the least amount of stress possible for such a dramatic life change. Let us do the heavy lifting! We're here for you and your family every step of the way.
Contact us today for more information or to get started with a free moving quote!
Move tips from our Market Manager!
We know moving is stressful for many of us. But we also know that how you prepare for move day is key to reducing that stress as much as possible. Here are our favorite moving tips to help you prepare for move day:
1. Space saver bags! (Or vacuum sealer bags) are great for packing and storing linens and bulky clothing. You'd be amazed how much easier it is to move a bunch of pillows when there condensed. Find these on Amazon your local home store.
2. Towels make great packing material and provide extra cushioning for delicate items. Use them to protect dishes and china.
3. Make sure the furniture you have will fit into your new place. This can be very frustrating on move day to find out that your bed or sofa doesn't fit. We encourage taking measurements and making a layout plan.
4. Make a move-day box with all your essentials. Including necessities such as a first aid kit, scissors, cleaning supplies, snacks, light bulbs, paper towels, toilet paper, phone chargers or portable batteries, and important documents.
5. Move lampshades yourself in a car. Lampshades are often too big to pack in a box, yet too delicate to be padded and moved on their own. They can easily be dented and punctured even when everything else is padded and wrapped. Move them in a personal car for safekeeping!
We're always here for your moving and packing questions! Let us know how we can help! Call our office or request your free estimate online today!
- Shane Lovell, Market Manager
Statement Concerning Coronavirus
As many businesses continue to navigate through the news and updates surrounding COVID-19, we want to reassure both current and future customers of our continued commitment to providing professional moving services during this time. As an essential business, we are also taking additional precautions to protect the health and safety of customers and our employees including:
- Sanitizing trucks and equipment, before and after every move
- Increased hand-washing and wearing protective gloves and masks when possible
- Limiting the number of men on each move to two-man teams
- Continuously monitoring the health and well-being of our frontline employees to ensure a healthy team is ready for your move
We encourage those with questions or concerns to call our office directly.