It happens to the best of us — garage clutter piles up quickly.
One thing’s for sure, garage cleaning isn’t a fun chore. You don’t have to do it alone! At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, we can help with the heavy lifting, organizing, and removal of junk you no longer want.
As part of our new junk removal option, our professionally-trained moving teams will arrive ready to jump in and help you get organized safely and efficiently. Using dedicated moving trucks which are separate from our traditional moving trucks, our movers will bring the same exceptional customer service we are known for to help with any cleaning and junk removal needs you have.
Please note: The junk removal service is currently only available at select TWO MEN AND A TRUCK franchises. Please call your nearest location to see if junk removal is offered.
GARAGE CLEANING TIPS
If you’re planning a garage cleanout and want to get started on the process before we arrive with our junk removal trucks, we’ve compiled a few tips and ideas for you! These garage cleaning tips will help you get things organized and ready, so you’re prepared for junk removal day.
- Remove all items: Take everything off shelves, cabinets, and move all things on the floor out of the garage so you’re able to do a thorough cleaning job. This is also a good time to take inventory of everything in the garage and determine what can stay and what can be tossed out.
- Use proper cleaning gear: Cleaning a garage is a bit different than cleaning the inside of your home, and it can be a bit more rugged. Utilize proper cleaning gloves, scrubbing brushes, and cleaners so you’re able to get the job done right.
- Organize your belongings: For items you’re planning on keeping, take the time to organize them by group or need and keep them together so you’re able to keep track of everything.
- Clean those shelves off: If your garage has shelves where you’ve kept items for a while, now is the time to give them a proper cleaning.
- Clean the floors, too: Much like the shelves, there’s no better time to give your floors a cleaning, too. You’ll be happy you did this!
- Dedicate space to bigger items: With an open canvas for reorganizing the garage, now is the time to create dedicated spaces for bigger items or appliances, like lawn equipment. Find a spot in the garage that’s easily accessible and make this the new lawn equipment zone.
- Create a tool space: Much like the lawn equipment, now is the time to track down all those tools that have been moved all over and get them in one centralized location.
- Be resourceful: If you’re going through the garage cleanout process and realize there are items you don’t want anymore but could still be of use, don’t toss them out – donate them!
These are just a few helpful garage cleanout tips to help you get on the right track to an updated, fresh, and clean garage. We’ll help you take on the rest with the junk removal!