HISTORY WITH TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
Melanie Bergeron officially joined the family business in 1989 when she was awarded the first TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® franchise in Atlanta, Ga.
Bergeron also maintained a career in pharmaceutical sales while operating the franchise because all profits from the franchise were being reinvested into the family business.
Eventually she left her pharmaceutical sales career to focus on her franchise full-time.
At the request of her mother, Founder Mary Ellen Sheets, Bergeron came to work at the Home Office in Lansing, Mich in the 1990s. In 1994, Bergeron was named president of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®. In 2002, she became chief operating officer and in January 2007, she took over as CEO. She became chair of the board in 2009.
Bergeron makes sure the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® team focuses on key factors she believes will help the company grow and be successful.
- Build a strong training program for all staff.
- Develop strategic plans for all areas of the system.
- Maintain a high level of integrity.
- Give back to the community.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Together with Sheets, the mother-daughter duo have incorporated a vision, a positive team atmosphere, ongoing support, compassion and commitment in the working environment at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®.
- Member of the Young Presidents Association
- Active on the Board of Governors for the Institute of Certified Franchise Executives (ICFE)
- Board of directors for the certification board of the International Franchise Association
- Member of Central Michigan University Dean's Business Advisory Council
- Franchising World
- Franchise Times
- NBC’s Today Show
- WJR 760 Detroit “Real Estate Insiders”
- International Franchise Association
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Wake Forest University
- The Ohio State University
- Georgia Tech University
- Graduate of Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant, Mich. with a bachelor’s degree in marketing and business administration
- Certified Franchise Executive certification -- a recognized standard of excellence in the franchise industry