HISTORY WITH TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
Brig Sorber is one of the original two men along with younger brother Jon Sorber. The two started the business in the early 1980s in Okemos, Mich. to earn spending money. Using a 1966 pickup truck, the brothers placed an ad in a local shopping guide that read “Men At Work Movers…Two Men and A Truck.” The ad also included a stick figure logo designed by their mother, Mary Ellen Sheets. This logo remains the corporate symbol for the now TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®/INTERNATIONAL, Inc.
After he left home to attend Northern Michigan University, Sheets decided to keep the business rolling.
Upon graduation, Sorber worked as an insurance agent in Michigan’s upper peninsula. He also operated his own TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® franchise in Marquette with his wife, Francine.
In September 1996, the Sorbers sold their franchise to come home to Lansing so they could help Sheets and sister, Melanie Bergeron, restructure the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® system. Sorber then served as a field consultant and was also in charge of franchise recruitment. Brig assumed the role of president in 2007 and became president and CEO in 2009. He’s currently chairman of the board and Co-CEO.
Sorber feels that his experience as a mover, driver and a franchisee helps him to make well-educated decisions that benefit the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® system as a whole.
- 2008 Okemos Education Foundation Alumni Award recipient
- 2010 Northern Michigan University Distinguished Alumni Award recipient
- Board member of the Michigan Freedom Foundation
- Young Presidents' Organization, Detroit Chapter
- Business Leaders for Michigan
- Knights of Columbus
- Wake Forest University Babcock School of Management
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Northern Michigan University
- Marquette Michigan Economic Club
- University of Michigan
- Graduate of Northern Michigan University with a degree in geography and an emphasis on urban planning and land use regulation
- A Certified Franchise Executive (A recognized standard of excellence in the franchise industry.)