When packing for a move there are steps to keep in mind in order to make the process smoother.
- Packing paper
- Appropriately sized moving boxes
- Packing tape
- Don’t over pack your boxes! The heavier the item, the smaller the box should be.
- Start packing items you don’t need as soon as you know you’ll be moving.
- To stay organized, avoid packing items from different rooms into the same box.
- Be sure to label the sides and the tops of all boxes, as this helps to get everything in the correct place at your new home.
- Don’t interlock box tops – you want to make sure each box is safely secured with packing tape, holding your items in place and making them easily and safely stackable in the moving truck.
- Pack a few boxes of necessary items so you’re able to access the essentials upon arrival at your new home. These should be loaded last onto the truck.
- To minimize the potential for damage items with your fragile items, do all of your packing and unpacking over a padded surface area. If something drops, the chances of a break are less likely.
- Lamp shades and fine China should not be packed in newspaper. The ink can cause damage and stain the item permanently. We recommend regular packing paper.