Below are step-by-step instructions on how to properly and safely move an upright piano.
- Stretch wrap
- Moving pads
- Four-wheel dolly
- Ratchet straps
- Stretch wrap pads to the top and the sides of the piano.
- Lift the piano while another mover slides the four-wheel moving dolly underneath.
- Secure the piano to the dolly with a ratchet strap.
- The ratchet strap should be placed above the keyboard of the piano so it doesn’t cause any damage.
- Carefully wheel the dolly out of the house. If stairs are involved, you will need to pick up the piano as you move down the steps to ensure it does not come in contact with any of the steps.
- Push the dolly up the ramp and into the truck.
- Securely strap the piano to one of the truck walls and ensure no other items are loaded next to it.